Nordic FIT is an interval training consisting of Nordic walking (cardio) and weight training. This combination allows you to most effectively strengthen the main muscle groups and develop overall endurance.
Invented by Finnish athletes-skiers, Nordic walking is a fairly young and original form of sporting activity, involving the use of walking sticks resembling skiing. Today, Nordic walking clubs are widespread in Europe. This original form of physical education in Ukraine is becoming increasingly popular. Tatyana Sirotkina - the world champion in Nordic walking in 2018, conducts Nordic FIT group classes in our club.
Nordic walking: benefits and contraindications
The positive effect of Finnish walking on human health and physical fitness was confirmed by studies conducted by German doctors. Their work greatly contributed to the popularization of this type of physical activity. From ordinary walking and running, Finnish walking has the following features:
- inclusion of the upper body muscles into work, thanks to the use of sticks: with the sports style of Scandinavian walking, 90% of all body muscles receive a load (for comparison, only 70% of muscles are involved in the process of normal walking);
- reduced load on the heels, knees and hips;
- more efficient burning of energy than walking, since more muscles are involved in the process of movement;
- an increase of one third of the respiratory volume of the lungs;
- exceeding by 10-15 beats per minute the heart rate, due to the greater energy intensity of the workout.
Classes in Nordic FIT groups not only help you get fit, improve strength, flexibility and speed, but also contribute to:
- Strengthening the muscle corset and improving muscle tone;
- effective burning of subcutaneous fat, which allows you to lose weight faster;
- strengthening of blood vessels, central nervous system and heart muscle;
- better supply of blood with oxygen;
- accelerate metabolism and remove toxins from the body;
- lower cholesterol
- improving balance and coordination of movements;
- strengthening the immune system;
- improving digestion.
Nordic walking lessons are suitable for people of any age and level of sports training, but they are contraindicated in the following diseases:
- severe angina pectoris;
- severe degree of hypertension and hypotension;
- any diseases in which bed rest has been prescribed by a doctor;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Nordic walking in Ukraine in the fitness center “5th element”
In our fitness center in Kiev, Nordic walking training is carried out in groups and personally, as part of Nordic FIT interval training, which can be booked by phone +38 0679957973. Here you will learn the technique of Scandinavian walking and how to properly combine it with a power load (exercises with sports elastic bands and sticks, working with your own weight and other load options).
Thanks to the author’s methodology for constructing a workout and the technique of completing steps, Nordic walking is suitable not only for beginners, but also for people with a high level of physical fitness.
We invite you to our fitness center, where you can, under the guidance of an experienced instructor, strengthen your health and improve your fitness! Call - and sign up for Nordic FIT group classes!